In the event of an emergency during business hours, please call ahead, then proceed to our veterinary hospital immediately.
For after hour emergencies, please contact the following veterinary emergency hospitals:
|Veterinary Emergency Service-Plymouth
40850 East Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: (734) 207-8500
|Animal Emergency Center-Novi
24360 Novi Road
Novi, MI 48375-2462
Phone: (248) 348-1788
Oakland Veterinary Emergency Service
|Blue Pearl Emergency Service-Southfield
29080 Inkster Rd.
Southfield, MI 48034
Phone: (248) 354 6660
If your pet is exhibiting any of the following symptoms during business hours call us immediately at (734) 453-0485. If we are closed call the emergency hospitals above.
- Inability to breathe noisy respiration, blue tongue, gasping for breath.
- Bleeding that won’t stop: Apply pressure and come now!
- Inability to urinate or appears constipated
- Inability to deliver puppies or kittens: keeps trying or has stopped trying
- Severe pain: continuous with no relief.
- Vomiting, diarrhea: continuous or with the appearance of blood
- Loss of balance or consciousness: includes tremors, coma, staggering, blindness, fainting.
- Severe itching: continuous scratching, biting, self-mutilation.
- Penetrating wounds: any place, but especially the chest or abdomen.
- Poisoning: bring the container or commercial name and chemical name.
- Injury: constant pain and total lameness.
- Hit by car: may include trauma and bleeding.
- Bloat: abnormal distention of the abdomen and difficulty breathing.
If your pet has any of the following symptoms, it is safe to wait OVERNIGHT:
- Ear problems/itching: head shaking and ear discharge. mild to moderate itching; no skin damage; no bleeding.
- Loss of appetite: skipped one main meal, but no other signs of illness.
- Thirst/urination: excessive drinking or elimination of urine with no blood, no pain, no straining or discomfort, or bloody appearance to the urine.
- Lameness: little or no pain; no discomfort in walking; not continuous.
- Worms in bowel movement: no blood in bowel movement; no pain or discomfort; no vomiting.
- Most skin problems: scratching, itching, fleas, ticks.