Since 1985, the veterinarians and support staff at Plymouth Veterinary Hospital, Inc. have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that cats are part of the family, yours and ours. Our clients' response to the care we provide is the strongest testament to the quality of care we provide for their cats.
You can find our recent client feedback here.
The Plymouth Veterinary Hospital, Inc. offers preventative health care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services. Our commitment to quality service has lead our veterinary hospital to become well known and respected throughout the veterinary industry. Since 1992 our veterinary hospital has been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, they will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0-6 months
- Junior: 7 months - 2 years
- Prime: 3 - 6 years
- Mature: 7 - 10 years
- Senior: 11 - 14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, it will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately your cat's health will impact your relationship with them.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. Most cats will become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of disease that a cat may show will be very subtle. Any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be sick. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat does not greet them at the door as usual; this may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any noticeable changes in behavior, please call our office.
A Cat-Friendly Hospital
Because the medical needs of cats are unique, our hospital utilizes specialized equipment, training of employees and facilities specific to felines. We minimize stress by using feline pheromones, species-specific calming music and soft, cozy surfaces which will allow your cat to feel safe and secure. Our staff is trained to allow cats to move at their own pace which will enable them to feel less stress during their visit to our hospital. Cats have special needs when it comes to exploring new environments. We understand the needs of cats and how to keep their stress to a minimum. While we cannot make all cats feel completely at home, we can help all cats to feel safe and comfortable during their visit to Plymouth Veterinary Hospital, Inc..
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Plymouth Veterinary Hospital, Inc. we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Allergy Testing: Cats commonly face several allergens that can cause a wide variety of symptoms, allergy testing can help us identify and properly treat the root cause of some issues
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your cat stays safe while under anesthesia
- Bathing and Hygiene: Proper feline hygiene is an essential component of a healthy happy lifestyle
- Behavior Services: Your cat's behavior is not genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Cancer Treatment: Our communicative, community approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your cat. Together with the Animal Cancer and Imaging Center in Canton, Michigan we can offer a comprehensive cancer treatment for your cat
- Cardiology: Our first-rate facilities, equipment, and professional knowledge gets to the heart of your cat's health and wellness matters
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease. We offer dental digital radiographs to diagnose dental disease better and provide the best treatment available.
- Dermatology: Early diagnosis of skin is highly beneficial in treatment. However, if a skin condition has already developed, it must be addressed before it worsens
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a danger both your pet and family, let us ensure that your cat has no intestinal parasites
- Digital Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians to diagnose your cat's condition accurately
- Dry Needling: Therapeutic, trigger point dry needling aims to reduce your cat's myofascial pain
- Emergency Care: We can provide emergency care in most circumstances and our facilities are designed to address most veterinary emergencies your cat may have
- Eye Care: Our doctors are trained to recognize feline specific eye diseases and choose treatments based upon efficacy and your cat's tolerance to specific treatments
- Flea and Tick Prevention: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for your cat
- Kitten Care: We help you learn to care for your kitten through education and nutritional awareness while providing the proper preventive medical treatments
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your pets
- Laser Therapy (Photobiomodulation): Our laser therapy is a tool used to treat cats for postoperative pain, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions. It is painless and well tolerated by cats
- Medications: When your cat requires medication our doctors will provide the right prescription and direct you how to pill your cat with kindness
- Microchip Identification: Microchipping is the best way to aid in having your cat returned safely, should it become lost
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for your cat in different life stages and to aid in the management of certain illness
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability or condition
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your cat has a long, healthy life
- Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, and recommended by the CDC, semi-annual wellness exams help prolong life by allowing health issues to be addressed early
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats. We will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline
- Spay or Neuter: We provide a safe and painless surgical experience for your cat
- Surgery: Our facilities, equipment, and staff offer your cat the best option for a successful surgery and recovery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's needs
Make An Appointment With Plymouth Veterinary Hospital, Inc. Today
Our success as a veterinary hospital is a reflection of the health and happiness of our patients and clients. From preventive medicine to comprehensive illness and disease intervention, our hospital staff will ensure that your next visit to our hospital will resonate with care, respect, transparency, and compassion. Schedule an appointment today.